Just a reminder to always double check your ingredients, and don't hesitate to contact the manufacturer if you aren't sure.
Gluten free, Dairy free Chocolate chip cookies
Makes approximately 24 cookies
- 1 3/4 cups gluten free flour mix (I used this one)
- 3/4 teaspoon guar gum
- 1 1/4 teaspoon corn-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 1/2 cup organic brown sugar
- 3/4 vanilla bean, finely ground in a coffee grinder
- 2 egg whites (egg free/vegan option: use egg replacer, such as Ener-G Egg Replacer check ingredients to make sure it is safe for your needs)
- 1/2 cup gluten free, dairy free chocolate chips, such as Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or Silpat
- In a small bowl, or food processor, whisk GF flour mix, guar gum, baking powder, and sea salt
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites, oil, sugar, and vanilla bean
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in batches, and beat with mixer just until mixed.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pecan pieces, if using
- Drop rounded tablespoons of batter on cookie sheets. I'm not sure why, but these cookies didn't spread. Maybe because there's no shortening? So you'll want to flatten them out a little once you put them on the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 12 minutes, or until edges are starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheets for about 10 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack.
Enjoy with a cool glass of non-dairy milk!