Savory Kalamata Olive Bread
Gluten, corn, soy, nightshade, dairy and yeast free
- 1 3/4 cups gluten free flour mix
- 2 teaspoons corn free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable bouillon* dissolved in 1/3 cup seltzer water (you could use regular water, or you could just use 1/3 cup vegetable broth*)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Line a 9x5" loaf pan with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk GF flour mix, baking powder, black pepper, and garlic clove.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, then whisk in olive oil, seltzer water and bouillon.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until mixed. Fold in olives, carrots, and scallions.
- Pour into loaf pan lined with parchment paper and bake at 350 for approximately 45 minutes, or until crust is golden and knife comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes, remove from pan, let cool another 5 minutes.
- This recipe produces a crumbly savory bread with a golden crust and soft inside. Enjoy!