Thursday, March 6, 2014

2014 EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival: Lotus House (China Pavilion)


China Pavilion- it's an overcast day today


Lotus House Outdoor Kitchen


Passport page for Lotus House

Spring Pancake with Grilled Chicken and Green Apple 

Spring Pancake, opened up

Vegetable Spring Roll (vegetarian)

I did not eat any of the offerings at Lotus House this year. While the candied strawberries are marked as gluten free and vegetarian, the candy coating was super shiny and super red, and just made me nervous that it could be a toxic amalgam of corn syrup and artificial color. Of course, it could have just been a sugar syrup, but I didn't want to take a chance.

Of all the booths at last year's Food and Wine, I thought this one was the least interesting (I did try a couple of items last year). In my opinion, it is pretty standard "mall Chinese" food. It's also not the best option if you avoid soy ingredients.

Allergy tip: The bubble tea, which may seem safe, includes Coffee Mate (not uncommon in bubble teas), which can be problematic for corn and soy allergies.

No comments:

Post a Comment