Saturday, August 3, 2013

Raw Vegan Transformation- Inspiring!

Good morning!

Today I am sharing a video that I recently stumbled across on Good Life Project. The guest is Rich Roll, an ultra marathoner and author of the book Finding Ultra. I am not sure where I first heard about his book, it may have been on a raw vegan website, or it may have been on NPR- but I do recall that I immediately added it to my "to read" list. I periodically check the library for an available copy, but it is OUT every time I look.

When I stumbled upon this video, I was immediately captivated by Rich Roll's story. All I had previously known about him was that he changed to a raw/vegan/vegetarian (I really could not remember) diet, and at the age of 40, competed in an IronMan competition. That alone was pretty inspiring. I did not know about his history of addiction, his dissatisfaction with a high stress corporate job, etc. But it all ties together, and brought him to where he is now.

I would encourage you to watch this video- I found it inspiring on many levels. Of course I am most intrigued by the dietary change :) When he was describing how GREAT he felt after his juice cleanse, I was literally talking back to the screen, saying Yes! Exactly! That's how I feel too! At least that's how I feel when I'm eating clean and mostly raw. And remembering that feeling, while watching this video, got me re-inspired to make more of an effort with my current eating habits. I have been in a bit of a slump, and have not been cooking (or uncooking) much lately. Yet I know how much food can affect how we feel and how much the right food can make you feel like a million bucks- so, it's time to get back on track (my little pep talk to myself, there).

Of course, after watching this video, I immediately went to the library's website to see if Finding Ultra is available- I figured it's been a year now, it won't be in such high demand- but guess what? It is checked out. Clearly a lot of people are interested in this guy's story.


If you are interested, here is a link to his book on Amazon:

No comments:

Post a Comment