Gluten Free Raspberry White Chocolate Scones
- 2 cups gluten free flour mix
- 1 1/2 tsp corn-free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- Dash himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup canned white beans, liquid reserved (I used cannellini beans)
- 1/2 cup sucanat, or substitute brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen rasberries (I always recommend using organic berries)
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chunks ( I cheated and used Ghiardelli baking white chocolate- not ideal, since it contains dairy, but you could use this recipe for vegan white chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat
- In the food processor, mix dry ingredients: GF flour mix, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla powder, and salt. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- In the food processor, mix white beans, sugar, applesauce, and approximately 1 Tbsp of bean liquid. Process until smooth.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir to combine. If it is too dry, add a little more bean liquid.
- Add raspberries and white chocolate chunks and stir to combine.
- Scoop out a scone-size amount of dough, shape a little with your hands if desired, and put on parchment or silpat-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350F for approximately 20 minutes. Edges will get slightly brown, and the middles will be firm. They will firm up a little more after they cool, so don't overcook.
- Let cool, and enjoy!
p.s. can you believe I forgot to take a photo of the final product? I will try to remember next time.