Friday, May 27, 2011

Key Lime White Chocolate Cake Pops

Here is the second raw vegan cake pop recipe!
Key Lime White Chocolate Raw Vegan Cake Pops
Makes approximately 8 cake pops

Ingredients
1 cup raw macadamia nuts
1/8 tsp himalayan salt
Key lime juice to taste. I don't think I measured, but probably about 1 key lime/1 Tbsp juice.
1/2 vanilla bean, scraped (keep the empty bean for future recipe: vanilla sugar)
3-4 pitted dates- I didn't use these, but will next time. I think the cake pops need the dates to hold together. I used light agave nectar for a sweetener, but if you use dates, you won't need agave.
Lollipop sticks
White chocolate coating

I made macadamia flour in the VitaMix. If you don't have a VitaMix, I think you can probably skip this step and process everything in the food processor.
Add macadamia flour (or whole raw macadamias) and salt to food processor, and pulse to combine (process a little longer if whole macadamias).

Add key lime juice, vanilla bean, and dates to food processor. Process until mixed, and dough-like consistency.
Roll pieces of dough into balls, and place on cookie sheet or tray to go in the freezer. Tip: using a parchment paper (or Silpat) liner will help prevent your cake pops from freezing to the cookie sheet.

Note: My key lime pops were very soft. I think adding dates will prevent that next time. I simply forgot to add dates when I made these! The ones I made froze well, and tasted great (and actually had a great texture once frozen- more like a truffle), but they would not have stayed on a lollipop stick upright, as suggested here. As it was, the sticks wanted to fall over rather than stay upright in the key lime balls. You can see below that the cherry vanilla ones were firmer. That's what you're going for.

Insert lollipop sticks in balls. Freeze.

While cake pops are in the freezer, mix up the white chocolate coating, described here and here.

Spoon white chocolate coating over each cake pop, and re-freeze. They won't take long, you will be able to enjoy them in about 10 minutes. They are even better the next day, after freezing overnight! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment