Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Happy New Year

Happy New Year, friends and family. Although I have not written much lately, things have been happening here in the Healing Kitchen- albeit slow and sporadic for the past few months. I have to admit, I have not been cooking nor eating as well as I could be- my diet has pretty much consisted of (gluten free) toast, and handfuls of dried fruit and nuts for much too long. But, with a new year comes new resolve, and I hope to be back in the kitchen whipping up gluten free goodies, and heavy on the raw vegan for the next few months.

I started a container garden right after Christmas, and it is going strong. I am happy and surprised to see how quickly things are growing. For veggies, I have planted kale, lettuce, beets, shallots, and onion. For herbs: Thai basil, cilantro, parsley, and dill.

Christmas gift- Chia herb garden!

Starting seeds

Another gift- a "grow box" I believe this is similar to an Earth Box.
This is upon assembly.

Seeds planted

Herbs growing

Seeds sprouting!

So far, I love the Grow Box. You fill the bottom with water, and it draws up water as needed. So I do not need to water every day. The smaller pots I do need to water every day.

I am now keeping the watering can in my bathroom. When I turn on the shower in the morning, I put the watering can under the bath faucet until the water heats up to shower temperature. That way all that cold water is not just going down the drain, and I have water for my balcony plants. So far, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment