Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Raw Vegan Dinner Party

Another delicious dinner to share. This is not a fancy photo, but will post more photos and recipes in a later post. For now, I just wanted to share the big picture- because it was delicious, and I'm excited about it:
This was an all raw vegan meal! It was really fun to make so many Mexican-themed dishes.

The menu included: 
  • Chili rellenos
  • Empanadas
  • Mexican "rice"
  • Salsa verde
  • Mole sauce
  • Star fruit salsa that I forgot to include in the photo
  • Margaritas (yes, raw)

The mexican rice and the star fruit salsa were each new recipes. I'm really happy with how they turned out- in fact that is what I will be having for lunch today :)

This was one of two raw vegan meals that I made during my brother's visit (the other was pad thai). I really wanted him to try some of the things I've been making over the past year, so he could taste how amazing raw food can be, and also experience for himself what I've been babbling on about and posting photos of for the past 12 months. I think he enjoyed the food- at least, he said he did : )

The raw vegan mexican-themed dinner with Joan and Vince was a lot of fun, and to top it all off, we watched Jeopardy! which is always more fun with 3 people playing along. (I think Bailey knew all of the answers, but he kept them to himself. He's a smart dog.)

I'm sad that my brother is on his way back to his home state now, but I am still smiling from the great time we've had this week. I'm so glad we got to spend time together during his visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment