Makes about 20 small pancakes
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 2 Tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 1 Tablespoon corn free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup rice milk
- 1/4 cup organic peanut butter
- Optional: sliced banana
- Optional: allergy-friendly chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In small bowl or measuring cup, stir together the rice milk and peanut butter til smooth. Add to the dry ingredients and stir just until a batter is formed.
- Heat a nonstick pan or griddle over medium heat. Ladle the batter by 1/4 cupfuls into the pan.
- When bubbles appear, flip to cook other side. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Keep the pancakes warm in 200 degree oven while you cook the rest of the batch.
- Optional: Top with sliced banana and/or allergy-friendly chocolate chips.
- Serve immediately.
Peanut Butter syrup
- 1/2 cup dark agave nectar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, or slightly more, to taste
This syrup would also make a delicious dip for apple slices. Or ice cream. Or bananas. Or ice cream with bananas. Mmmm.